Brand : Takamura Cutlery
Style : Petty Knife
Blade Length : 130mm (5.1")
Weight : 2.4 oz
Blade Steel Type : R2/SG2 Powdered Steel
Handle material : Resin-Treated Compressed Wood
HRC : 63-64
Bevel Angle Ratio : 50/50
Cover : Not included
1) Takamura knives have an unusually sharp edge so if you are not a professional chef or do not have confidence in your knife skills, they may not be suitable for you. Please also keep in mind that this knife is delicate and should not be used for rough tasks.
2) Please note all our inventory of Takamura knives are now engraved with Japanese character calligraphy. The English letter engraved knives are no longer produced.
High Speed Powdered Steel (HSPS)**
* Powdered steel is made by using highly specialized technology to mechanically mix iron and other alloying elements in powder form. Powdered metal technology allows much higher amounts of alloying metals such as vanadium, which is responsible for the superior edge retention. While Takamura knives have a high HRC, they are still easy to sharpen because the HSPS core is sandwiched between soft low carbon stainless steel.
The red handle series uses the signature core Steel Type, High Speed Powdered Steel (HSPS). High speed steel is the same remarkably hard Steel Type used to make drills and power saws that cut through other steel. It is also known as R2, which is a term that was coined by the steel manufacturer while Takamura was testing out different Steel Types. By processing it into powder form, Takamura Cutlery has been able to create a more ductile and flexible product. Takamura knives redefine the meaning of sharpness and offer a taste of what is possible when traditional knife making methods and modern steel making technology are combined harmoniously.
The outer low carbon stainless steel is softer than the steel used for the Takamura HSPS Pro series. Takamura Cutlery wanted to create a more affordable HSPS knife, so they created this thinner blade that requires less steel. This is a perfect introductory knife for anyone who has never owned a HSPS blade before.
HSPS provides remarkable edge retention to minimize the frequency of sharpening.
Echizen hammer forged knives are known to have a thick spine but thin edge, and by recreating this classic silhouette with HSPS, Takamura Cutlery has managed to produce exceptionally steady knives that slice through food effortlessly.
This is a small multipurpose paring/petty knife used to peel, cut, de-seed and tourné vegetables and fruit, as well as do other tasks like de-veining shrimp. It is an essential tool for bartenders who serve fresh fruit garnishes. Many chefs who use the HSPS Pro series will get this paring/petty knife because of the thinner blade.
Because this knife has a core metal sandwiched between a different Steel Type, changing the bevel angle will alter the structure of the blade and it will lose its sharpness.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at email@example.com
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If we made an error on your order or you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify customer
service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
For items damaged in transit, please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier.
We will replace the items or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 1-3 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 5-10 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.