Cast Iron Electric Gyoza Griddle "Ron"
This electric Nanbu cast iron griddle is a very popular equipment for restaurants and other food establishments that serve gyoza dumplings. This griddle will boil, steam and grill/sear your dumplings to perfection with a crispy skin and juicy filling.
Manufacturer: World Kitchen Tech
Model: GS-1STR-N (Strong Type)
Exterior Material: Stainless Steel
Plate Material: Nanbu Cast Iron (the second photo shows the thickness)
Cover Material: Molded Aluminum with Fluorocarcon Resin Coating
Power: Single phase 120V 12A, 1400 Watt
Heating Speed: 374°F to 428°F (7 min 30 sec to 12 sec)
Temperature Range: 374 to 428 °F / 20 to 200 °C
Exterior Dimensions: W8.9" x D18.1" x H10" (225 x 460 x 255mm)
Plate Dimensions: W7.1" x D13.4" x H1.6" (180 x 340 x 40mm)
Timer: 0-15 min with alarm
Thermostat: Variable liquid expansion type
Water Supply: Manual
Click here to view Spec Sheet
The thickness of the nanbu cast iron facilitates even heating and excellent heat retention (Even placing frozen gyoza on this plate will not cool it down at all).
- The plate divider acts like a dam to retain the appropriate water level and cook a smaller serving.
- The thermostat allows you to obtain a consistent cooking temperature.
- Removable lid for easy cleaning.
- Low cost compared to other gyoza griddles.
- Compact size.
-Set the thermostat to the desired cooking temperature
- Once the plate is hot enough, brush it with some oil and place the dumplings?é
- Add hot water until it reaches halfway up the dumplings
- Set the timer (if needed)
- Once all the water has evaporated, drizzle some oil over the dumplings and cook until the skin is golden and crispy
This unit is a direct import unit from Japan with no warranty and no repair service available. Please be aware that it is not UL or NSF certified so please ask a local agent whether you are allowed to use this unit or not. Only Instructions in Japanese are available.