Sakai Takayuki Tokujo White #2 Gyuto Single Bevel 270mm (10.6")
FREE SHIPPING TO THE CONTIGUOUS U.S.
- Style : Gyuto (Chef Knife)
- Length : 270mm (10.6")
- Weight : 7.6 oz (215g)
- Thickness at Heel: 3.41mm
- Blade Steel Type : White #2 Steel
- Handle material : Ho (Japanese magnolia) wood and Buffalo horn ferrule
- HRC : 61
- Bevel Angle Ratio : Single Bevel (Right-handed)
- Cover : Not included
Blade & Handle
The Sakai Takayuki Tokujo series is forged by Satoshi Nakagawa and made from White #2 Carbon Steel that can be sharpened for high performance to give excellent cuts. White #2 Carbon Steel's properties retain the edge's sharpness each time it is sharpened. We recommend it to those who place importance on sharpening and retaining a sharp edge.
Each knife is carefully finished by the craftsmen of Sakai Takayuki so you can rest assured that the knife will perform right out of the box.
Carbon steel knives will rust if not maintained properly. Use the Rust Removers to clean oxidized blades.
Sakaki Guyto Knife
The Gyuto (lit. Cow Sword) is an adaptation of the French chef knife profile for the Japanese market. While the name cow sword would imply that this knife is meant only for meat, its versatility is the same as a santoku and can be used as a general-purpose knife for any task. Many would consider a gyuto or chef's knife to be the one essential knife for any kitchen with all other knives being secondary. Compared to a German-style chef's knife, a gyuto will have a somewhat flatter profile: this profile lends itself well to push-cutting which is common for Japanese chefs, as opposed to rock-chopping. Gyuto also tends to be thinner at the edge and the spine than most European chef's knives and as a result, has less lateral toughness and should be taken not to torque the blade while cutting to minimize the risk of chipping.
- The Tokujo series Gyuto is single bevel and for right-handed users.
- Please be aware that these knife handles are made using water buffalo horn, a natural material. We make no guarantee and do not take requests as to the color or patterning of the buffalo horn. It may be solid black, blonde, or a mixture thereof. Thank you for understanding.