• Material: Diamond lapped on aluminum
• Grit: 1200 (Medium)
• Dimensions: 8 1/4" x 3" x 3/8" ht (21cm x 7.5cm x 1.1cm)
• Please be advised that there are counterfeit products in the market.
"Atoma Economy" by Tsuboman is the economical choice for diamond sharpening plates. Unlike whetstones and other ceramic sharpening stones, a diamond plate will not wear down or concave over time. You also don't need water to sharpen your knives. Atoma will remove steel very quickly, and the plate will never clog because it is made using a special patented dispersion technique. You can even use it to flatten sharpening stones! Use this Medium Grit #1200 plate to fix minor chips and to recreate an edge on your blade. Atoma #1200 is ideal Diamond plate for quicker sharpening and/or easy chips removal.
Recommended Sharpening Stones
The Atoma 1200 diamond plate is suitable for flattening stones as coarse as 2000 up to 16000 grit. It does not cease to be effective above 8000 grit, however the large diamond particles will put large scratches in the stone which will be more noticeable the harder and finer the stone is. It may be used with finer grit stones in conjunction with a synthetic nagura in order to condition the surface after flattening. It's worth noting that this is just a suggestion. We have used the Atoma 1200 grit to flatten up to the Shapton Glass 30k stone and had no issues aside from the surface having a visible scratch pattern.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If we made an error on your order or you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify customer
service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
For items damaged in transit, please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier.
We will replace the items or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 1-3 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 5-10 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.