Shiro Shoyu is a wheat soy sauce made from 80 percent wheat and 20 percent soybeans. This special soy sauce comes from the city of Yuasa, where Japanese soy sauce was born 750 years ago. In Japan, wheat soy sauce containing 80% wheat is known for its light golden color and mellow sweet wheat flavor. It has historically been made only in limited quantities.
Wheat soy sauce is mainly used for preparations in which chefs want to avoid the darker color and the strong shoyu flavor of ordinary soy sauce. Many Japanese chefs (and home cooks) have been seeking lighter color and more refined flavors in their cooking, and Marushin Honke Company predicted that there would be a demand for a good quality, light color wheat soy sauce. This resulted in the birth of their white soy sauce and the product achieved instant success in Japan.
The production of shiro shoyu follows the regular soy sauce manufacturing process. The roasted wheat and cooked soybeans are mixed and tossed with koji mold which produces an enzyme necessary for fermentation. The mixture is left in a fermentation tank along with spring water, sea salt and the liquid in which the soybean were cooked. This liquid gives the soy sauce its unusually rich and umami-filled flavor.
The short three month fermentation process preserves the golden yellow lighter color. This soy sauce tastes slightly gamey, with lots of umami. Its mild saltiness, complex unique flavors and light color make it an excellent seasoning well suited for any cuisine, whether it be Japanese, French or Italian. The salt content is 17%.
Marushin Honke Company was founded in 1881. It is located in the town of Yuasa, Wakayama Prefecture. Under the present fifth generation family member president, Toshio Shinko, the company continues to produce varieties of the very best artisanal soy sauce products in Japan. Some of them have been received repeated prestigious Le Monde Selection Awards in Europe. Mr. Shinko's passion is teaching the younger Japanese generation about the traditional food culture of Japan.
• Manufacturer: Marushin Honke/???µû?µ£¼?«?
• Ingredients: Water, wheat, soy beans, sea salt, koji and pure alcohol (as a preservative)
• 200ml/6.8 fl oz
• Country of Origin: Japan
• Shelf Life: 3-9 months (store in a cool, dry and dark place)
We import food products from Japan via sea, so the shelf life will be shorter than it is in the Japanese markets. The expiration date usually will be around 3-9 months. Food products cannot be returned unless the expiration date is within 1 month when the item is delivered. If any food items in your order do not meet your expectations please contact us within 30 days. You can reach to us at email@example.com or (201) 806-1827.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If we made an error on your order or you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify customer
service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
For items damaged in transit, please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier.
We will replace the items or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 1-3 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 5-10 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.