Vermicular Musui Japanese Cast Iron Enameled Pot 3.9 Qt. / 9.1" Dia
This product will be shipped separately from other items, directly from the Vermicular in CA.
The story behind Vermicular MUSUI Cast Iron Pot
Vermicular graphite iron is a unique element, known for being difficult to manipulate and for having the hybrid characteristics of exceptional heat conduction and durability. After three years of rigorous trials, Aichi Dobby foundry created a new alloy from this iron that allowed us to improve our enamel process. Vermicular was born. It quickly became the centerpiece of Japanese kitchens, a growing community around the joy of cooking at home.
Vermicular engineers cookware that lasts a lifetime, for families to enjoy and pass down—inspiring a love of cooking for the next generation to come.
Drawing on our 80 years of cast iron expertise, the contact area of the lid and pot is meticulously machined by our craftsmen to fit at a .01mm accuracy. This unprecedented seal locks in moisture and nutrients while condensing ingredients’ natural flavors.
The Musui is evenly coated three times with enamel. This step has two important attributes that are unique to Vermicular—it helps distribute heat and cook ingredients from their core, while our proprietary glass coating helps improve durability. Any toxic materials like cadmium to coat our cookware are not used.
Triple Thermal Heating
Exclusive to Vermicular, the Triple Thermal Heating empowers the natural flavor profile of ingredients through a trifecta of innovative heating methods: heat conduction, radiant heating and steam convection.
Floating & self-basting lid
The lid is built to be lighter at the front so when pressure builds within the pot, it gently floats to vent steam instead of boiling over. The double rings and soft spikes uniformly distribute condensed steam, self-basting ingredients in flavor.
Double Handle Control
Double handles give you solid control over the lid with both hands, making it easy to maneuver for everyday use.
- Material: Enamel coated cast iron
- Diameter: 9.1 in (230mm)
- Width: 12.2 in (311mm)
- Height: 5.0 in (127mm) including a lid
- Full Capacity: 3.9 Qt (3.7 Liter/125 fl oz)
- Weight: 8.8 lbs (4.0kg)
- Can be used on any type of stove.
- Oven-safe up to 570°F (300ºC)
- Made in Japan
The contact area of the pot and lid is not enamel-coated to achieve its signature precision seal and can potentially rust, and their warranty does not cover this condition.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners to clean. Dry the pot immediately after washing. The contact area of the pot and lid are not enamel-coated and can potentially rust, so ensure the rims are dried thoroughly with a dry cloth. If you see rust, clean it off with mild dish soap. If you still cannot get rid of the rust, use a rust remover.
- To remove stubborn burnt food: Fill the pot with enough water to cover the burnt food, add 2–3 tablespoons of baking soda and boiling water over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, gently scrub with a soft sponge. Repeat this step several times until clean. Never scrub with force or with abrasive cleaners.
- To remove stains: If the enamel gets stained, use only non-abrasive cleaners or cookware-safe bleach with a soft brush or sponge.
We do not accept returns or exchanges unless the item you purchased is defective. If you receive a defective item, please contact us at email@example.com with details of the product and the defect.