Free Shipping to the Contiguous U.S.
- • Style : Bunka Knife
- • Length : 165mm (6.5")
- • Weight : 5.6 oz (159g)
- • Special Feature : Nickel Damascus, San Mai
- • Blade Steel Type : VG-10
- • Handle material : Resin-Treated Compressed Wood
- • HRC : 61
- • Bevel Angle Ratio : 50/50
- • Cover : Not included
Yoshimi Kato VG-10 Nickel Damascus
Kato Hamono is known more commonly for their forged knives with thicker spines, sharp distal taper and rustic finish with a Japanese-style handle.
These VG-10 Nickel Damascus knives run counter to that; they have a much thinner spine, less taper and a beautiful matte black finish to the blades that accentuates the pattern-welded steel. These knives are quite thin at the edge and will excel at all cutting tasks given their excellent geometry. These knives are less blade-heavy and have a more centered balance-point than the Aogami Super line from Kato Hamono.
San-mai (lit. three sheets) is a style of manufacture common for Japanese knives. A more practical translation is "three layers", referring to the core hardened steel being jacketed with soft steel. These style of knives may seen being referred to as "clad" or "kasumi", which has some overlap with a similar style of manufacture called Ni-mai or "two layers". Ni-mai is commonly found in single bevel knives where the soft steel is only on one side of the knife with a small portion spilling over to the other side.
About Yoshimi Kato
Yoshimi Kato knives are produced in Takefu knife village in Fukui Japan by a blacksmith collective headed by Yoshimi Kato, the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato. Yoshimi Kato has stepped in to fill his father-in-law's shoes and has done so admirably, producing knives with a high level of attention to detail. Yoshimi Kato produces some of the most desirable carbon steel knives available in the United States today and we're excited to be carrying them.
The Bunka knife is a general purpose knife similar to the Santoku. Its profile allows for much the same usage as a Santoku (meats, vegetables and fish) while having a finer, more pointed tip that aids in precision cutting such as mukimono or fine cuts such as brunoise and julienne.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include photos of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items as well as a photo of the condition of the shipping box and keep the entirety of the original items, all packaging, and packing materials for future inspection by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 3-5 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.