This product will be shipped separately from other items, directly from the Vermicular in CA.
The story behind Vermicular MUSUI Cast Iron Pot
Vermicular graphite iron is a unique element, known for being difficult to manipulate and for having the hybrid characteristics of exceptional heat conduction and durability. After three years of rigorous trials, Aichi Dobby foundry created a new alloy from this iron that allowed us to improve our enamel process. Vermicular was born. It quickly became the centerpiece of Japanese kitchens, a growing community around the joy of cooking at home.
Vermicular engineers cookware that lasts a lifetime, for families to enjoy and pass down—inspiring a love of cooking for the next generation to come.
Drawing on our 80 years of cast iron expertise, the contact area of the lid and pot is meticulously machined by our craftsmen to fit at a .01mm accuracy. This unprecedented seal locks in moisture and nutrients while condensing ingredients’ natural flavors.
The Musui is evenly coated three times with enamel. This step has two important attributes that are unique to Vermicular—it helps distribute heat and cook ingredients from their core, while our proprietary glass coating helps improve durability. Any toxic materials like cadmium to coat our cookware are not used.
Triple Thermal Heating
Exclusive to Vermicular, the Triple Thermal Heating empowers the natural flavor profile of ingredients through a trifecta of innovative heating methods: heat conduction, radiant heating and steam convection.
Floating & self-basting lid
The lid is built to be lighter at the front so when pressure builds within the pot, it gently floats to vent steam instead of boiling over. The double rings and soft spikes uniformly distribute condensed steam, self-basting ingredients in flavor.
Double Handle Control
Double handles give you solid control over the lid with both hands, making it easy to maneuver for everyday use.
- Material: Enamel coated cast iron
- Diameter: 9.1 in (230mm)
- Width: 12.2 in (311mm)
- Height: 5.0 in (127mm) including a lid
- Full Capacity: 3.9 Qt (3.7 Liter/125 fl oz)
- Weight: 8.8 lbs (4.0kg)
- Can be used on any type of stove.
- Oven-safe up to 570°F (300ºC)
- Made in Japan
The contact area of the pot and lid is not enamel-coated to achieve its signature precision seal and can potentially rust, and their warranty does not cover this condition.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners to clean. Dry the pot immediately after washing. The contact area of the pot and lid are not enamel-coated and can potentially rust, so ensure the rims are dried thoroughly with a dry cloth. If you see rust, clean it off with mild dish soap. If you still cannot get rid of the rust, use a rust remover.
- To remove stubborn burnt food: Fill the pot with enough water to cover the burnt food, add 2–3 tablespoons of baking soda and boiling water over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Once cooled, gently scrub with a soft sponge. Repeat this step several times until clean. Never scrub with force or with abrasive cleaners.
- To remove stains: If the enamel gets stained, use only non-abrasive cleaners or cookware-safe bleach with a soft brush or sponge.
We do not accept returns or exchanges unless the item you purchased is defective. If you receive a defective item, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the product and the defect.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at email@example.com
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include photos of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items as well as a photo of the condition of the shipping box and keep the entirety of the original items, all packaging, and packing materials for future inspection by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 3-5 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.