Kasumi knives like this deba are produced by hand-forging high-carbon steel (white steel) with iron. The carbon steel becomes the knife's cutting edge while the iron forms the spine and body of the blade. This combination of Steel Types creates a knife that is less brittle than the honyaki-style, and easier to sharpen.
Many carbon steel knives are made using coke fuel but Tsukiji Masamoto knives are made using charcoal, which produces higher quality blades because of the gradual rather than abrupt temperature change.
Tsukiji Masamoto pays special attention in creating a deeper urasuki (concave surface of the backside) to maximize its effect. Urasuki facilitates clean food separation from the blade, just like hollowed or perforated knives. This is why you can perform uraoshi (sharpening the backside of a single bevel knife to keep the outer edges leveled) on a coarse stone, unlike most other brands.
Carbon steel blades like this kasumi require more delicate handling and care than stain-resistant knives, but are sharper. Kasumi knives are the standard blade of Japanese chefs. The sharpness and weight of this durable thick blade lets you glide the knife along fish bones to separate the fillets, as well as cut through fish heads, fish ribs, even poultry.
Style : Deba
Special Feature : Kasumi
Blade Steel Type : Shiro-ko (White Steel 2)
Handle material : (Ho) Japanese Magnolia
Bolster material : Water Buffalo Horn
HRC : 63-64
Bevel Angle Ratio : Single bevel
No Saya Cover.
Blade Length: 150mm (5.9")
Weight: 6.88 oz
Please be aware that these knife handles are made using water buffalo horn which is a natural material. We make no guarantee and do not take requests as to the color or patterning of the buffalo horn. It may be solid black, blonde or a mixture thereof. Thank you for understanding.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at email@example.com
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include photos of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items as well as a photo of the condition of the shipping box and keep the entirety of the original items, all packaging, and packing materials for future inspection by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 8-9 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.