Style : Yanagi (Sushi Knife)
Length : 300mm (11.8")
Weight : oz (g)
Blade Steel Type : SG2/R2 Powdered Steel
Handle material : Rosewood with Buffalo Horn Ferrule, Octagonal shape
HRC : 63-64
Bevel Angle Ratio : 100/0 (Single bevel)
Cover : Not included
Sukenari SG2 Single Bevels
As a high-quality steel, SG2 takes a very keen edge and is easily sharpen-able which makes it an ideal choice for traditional Japanese knives. Sukenari's heat treat of SG2 is impeccable; even at the very low angle most yanagi are sharpened to, the edge remains quite stable. The factory grind on these knives is not the most visually impactful but it is very consistent, meaning the initial sharpening is generally headache-free.
Sukenari was founded during the Shōwa period in Toyama Prefecture and since its inception has been driven to produce quality cutlery through hands-on craftsmanship at every step. Sukenari's philosophy is that any tool should perform as an extension of oneself and this commitment to quality shows in each facet of the knife from rounded, polished choil and edges to impeccable grinds and an incredibly consistent heat treat.
Yanagi Knife (Yanagiba)
Yanagiba (lit. willow blade) is an essential tool for sushi chefs. The name Yanagi refers to the willow-leaf shape of the blade as opposed to it necessarily being single bevel. Some knife makers have been known to refer to Sujihiki made with a willow shape as Yanagi. In common parlance however, Yanagi or Yanagiba is understood to mean a willow-shaped knife ground with a single bevel.
These knives are one of the three traditional Japanese knives, along with Deba and Usuba, that were historically requisite for the creation of Japanese cuisine. It is primarily used for slicing sashimi or delicate cuts of other soft proteins. Its hollow-ground backside, known as the Ura, helps facilitate the release of fish as it is sliced and ensures that an extremely low inclusive edge angle may be maintained. The Yanagi is the fish slicer traditionally used in the Kansai region of Japan (Osaka and Kyoto). There are many variants of Yanagi including Kensaki (sometimes called kiritsuke-tip), Takohiki (octopus knife), Fuguhiki (blowfish knife) and Sakimaru Takohiki (round-tipped octopus knife)
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at email@example.com
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If we made an error on your order or you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify customer
service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
For items damaged in transit, please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier.
We will replace the items or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO/APO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 11-15 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to P.O. Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be 11-15 business days so the delivery date will be 12-20 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.