Style : Santoku
Length : 160mm (6.3")
Weight : 6.1 oz (173g)
Blade Steel Type : VG10/VG2 Multi-Layered Coreless Damascus Stainless Steel
Handle material : Micarta
Bevel Angle Ratio : 70/30
HRC : 61
Cover : Not included
Special Feature : Coreless Damascus
Blade & Handle
Sakai Takayuki created this coreless Damascus using a proprietary technology that stack dozens of layers of VG10 and VG2 steels. While most kitchen knives contain a core, the Sakai Takayuki ?ǣcoreless?ǥ series does not use a separate core material. Instead, the numerous layers are combined to create a wear resistant, high toughness, high hardness knife with excellent sharpness. Since the knife is without a core, it can be sharpened as the 60/40 double-edge or even as the edge like a 10/90 single-bevel.
This well-balanced knife with thin blade allows the user to cut with very little resistance.
The canvas micarta handle provides a better grip and a more durable long-lasting handle that can tolerate extreme temperatures. Micarta is made of canvas (cotton), linen, plywood, paper, etc. as the core, and is mainly bonded with phenol resin and an perfect material for knife handles, with excellent robustness, water resistance.
The Santoku is a cross between a Nakiri and Gyuto, originally intended for the home cook. It is a multipurpose knife that can be used for cutting meat, fish, vegetables and fruit.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at email@example.com
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If we made an error on your order or you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify customer
service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
For items damaged in transit, please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier.
We will replace the items or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 1-3 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 5-10 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.