Style : Yo-Deba (Fish Knife)
Length : 165mm (6.5")
Weight : oz
Blade Steel Type : High Carbon Rust-Resistant Steel
Handle material : Desert Ironwood (Please be aware that every single handle has a unique pattern)
HRC : 60
Bevel Angle Ratio :55/45**
Cover : Not included
** According to Nenohi Cutlery even though the bevel angle is 55:45 it can still be used by lefties. However, you can easily sharpen it to 45:55 for optimum use.
Nenox Blade & Handle
Nenohi blades offer the durability and sharpness of a traditional Japanese carbon-steel knife, but are rust resistant and easier to maintain. Nenox knives have a hamaguriba (clam shaped blade) from the edge all the way to the spine. Since it has no flat surface, there is minimal friction against the food you're cutting, resulting in less cell damage and a smoother cut. To achieve this shape, they sharpen and polish the edge, mid-section and spine of the blade separately, by hand. After much trial and error, they found that an HRC of 61 is the optimum hardness for Nenohi knives to possess the right balance of superior cutting edge, ductility and edge retention.
This knife is made honyaki style, with one piece of high carbon steel, and with a 55/45 edge, it can easily be sharpened to suit your preference, whether you are right or left handed.
The blade is the same as the SD series and is top of the Nenohi line. It has an even more ductile blade than the G-type series, meaning that it is even more durable.
*Please be advised that each product varies in appearance because the Desert Ironwood used for the handle is all natural. The knife you receive will be unique and slightly different from the image.
Nenox Yo-Deba (Fish Knife)
This is a small multipurpose paring/petty knife used to peel, cut, de-seed and tourne vegetables and fruit, as well as do other tasks like de-veining shrimp. It is an essential tool for bartenders who serve fresh fruit garnishes.
High carbon steel knives can still rust if not maintained properly. Use the Tsukiji Masamoto or Sabitohru Rust Remover to clean oxidized blades.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at email@example.com
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If we made an error on your order or you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify customer
service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
For items damaged in transit, please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier.
We will replace the items or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 1-3 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 5-10 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.