Yu Kurosaki is a talented young blacksmith based out of Takefu, Japan who is best known for his use of intricate forged tsuchime patterns to differentiate his lines. All of his knives have forged distal taper and an aggressive Scandi grind resulting in a very thin edge that glides through produce with ease.
What is Senko Ei?
"Senko" literally means a flash of lightning in Japanese. Senko Ei is Kurosaki's latest Tsuchime hammered pattern and lightning flash motif and gives a distinctive design to his exquisite knife and is functional as well. The Senko Ei line we carry are all made using R2/SG2 steel which takes an exceptional edge and keeps it for a long time. The stainless cladding resists corrosion and makes maintenance simple.
These knives are exceedingly thin behind the edge and as such are very delicate. Extra care must be taken during use not to torque the knife. Please do not cut frozen food, crusty bread, bones, or rock-chop with this knife.
- • Brand : Kurosaki Cutlery
- • Style : Nakiri Knife
- • Blade Length : 165mm (6.5")
- • Weight : 5.5 oz/ 156g
- • Blade Steel Type : Core R2/SG2 Powdered Steel
- • Handle material : Walnut wood with White Resin Ferrule
- • HRC : 63
- • Bevel Angle Ratio : 50/50
- • Cover : Not included
Matching Saya Cover
Nakiri (lit. Vegetable cutting knife) is a double bevel variant of the traditional single-bevel Usuba. Its profile is quite flat, even when compared to the already-flat-profile of a Japanese Gyuto; this flatness lends itself well to push-cutting tasks since more of the knife will contact the board at one time. It is common for Nakiri to have some degree of curvature to the middle of the blade so that there is less risk of introducing recurve into the blade while sharpening and also to accommodate inconsistencies and low spots in a cutting board that may impact the knife's ability to make a full cut. As the name implies, a Nakiri is ideal for vegetables and any cutting tasks not requiring or heavily benefiting from having a sharp tip for precise work.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include pictures of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items.
We also ask that you keep all packaging and packing materials for future inspection of damaged items by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 1-3 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.