Hinoki, or Japanese Cypress, is a soft wood from the conifer family. Due to its pleasant aroma when wet and natural resistance to rot, fungus and other bacteria it is commonly found in traditional Japanese bathhouses called onsen. Hinoki, like other conifers such as cedar or redwood is dimensionally stable, soft and tough, so it will resist warping and cracking that is common in other woods. Its softness is beneficial when using hard, thin Japanese knives. this will allow the edge to last longer and mitigate risk of damage.
This board is thinner and formed from multiple different sections of wood and will not be quite as stable as our single piece cutting boards.
The tab at the bottom of this board turns out to allow it to stand upright during drying and storage.
• Material: Hinoki (Japanese Cypress)
• Dimensions: 14.4" x 7.9" x 0.6" ht (36.5cm x 20cm x 1.5cm ht)
• Weight: 2.1 lbs / 0.95 kg
• Made in Japan
Hinoki is best left untreated with waxes or oils and simply washed with hot water, soap, and the use of a bristle brush such as a tawashi and then left to dry. Staining may occur when using the board. In order to prevent staining, you may wet the surface before use to mitigate any pigment from the food being cut and seeping into the wood. When drying these cutting boards it's recommended to leave them upright with the grain running vertically.
• Hinoki is a very soft wood and as such is quite gentle on knives. However, be aware that dents or scratches are common and can occur very easily. These boards may be sanded in order to refinish. Please consider this before placing an order.
• Hinoki contains natural sap which may be found at the cut edges of the wood. This is totally natural and safe.
Frequently Purchase Together
Kamenoko Tawashi Scrubbing Brush
SKU : 93647 (Small), SKU : 93646 (Large)
Kitayama Tawashi Palm Scrubbing Brush
SKU : 82690 (Medium), SKU : 82691 (Large)
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include photos of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items as well as a photo of the condition of the shipping box and keep the entirety of the original items, all packaging, and packing materials for future inspection by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 8-9 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.