Manufacturer : Haku *Engineered by Nenohi
Style : Sujihiki
Length : 270mm (10.6")
Weight : 7.2 oz
Blade Steel Type : High Carbon Inox Steel
Handle material : POM Resin
HRC : 58*
Bevel Angle Ratio : 60/40
Cover : Not included
About Haku Knives
Nenohi, known for its Nenohi Original and Nenox knives, have worked with us to make an MTC Kitchen exclusive line called Haku. Made out of a single piece of 100% high carbon inox steel, this knife is an ideal choice for professional chefs and culinary students looking to foray into the world of Japanese knives.
What Haku was born for
Mutual Trading Company has worked with Sawada-san, president of Nenohi Cutlery, to design these knives and we are pleased to offer this knife at such a reasonable price. With many knives that focus on the initial edge, Nenohi thought about how they could create a knife that is durable and can answer the demands of a modern kitchen. A balance must be struck between a very thin, performance driven blade and a much thicker western style blade used for heavy chopping tasks. We have struck what we believe is an ideal middle ground with a knife that can perform delicate knife cuts with ease but also stand up to the heavier tasks at hand in a professional environment.
We believe that Haku will perform to your expectations regardless of how or what you are using the knife for. In addition to its affordability, this knife also offers a keen edge out-of-the-box and superb ease of sharpening. We originally had them heat treated to reach 61 HRC but later reduced to 58 HRC to reach what we felt was a more versatile, easier to maintain knife that is more ductile.
Logo on Haku Knives
The Haku logo was designed by Masako Inkyo, a world-renowned and award-winning calligraphy master, who is the official shodoka (Japanese calligrapher) for Nissan's luxury vehicle division, Infiniti.
Sujihiki Slicing Knife
Sujihiki (lit. muscle pulling, meaning muscle or tendon cutter) is the Japanese adaptation of western-style slicers. These knives are made thinner and shorter than chef's knives, nakiri and santoku in order to minimize friction while slicing meat and fish. Some chefs will use this style of knife to prepare sashimi and sushi in lieu of a yanagi-ba for its favorable maintenance requirements versus single bevel knives.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include photos of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items as well as a photo of the condition of the shipping box and keep the entirety of the original items, all packaging, and packing materials for future inspection by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 8-9 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.