Donabe literally means "clay pot" and is an essential piece of cookware in Japanese homes. With a glazed interior and porous exterior, these casseroles are typically used for tabletop cooking on a portable gas stove. Especially during colder seasons, friends and family will gather around the donabe to enjoy a warming meal. They are used for nabe (Japanese hotpot), which combines a variety of meat, seafood, vegetables, tofu and other ingredients in a broth. But they can also be used to cook rice or any one pot meal.
• Material: Ceramic
• Capacity: 15 fl oz / 450ml (5 Go)
• Ideal for 1 person
• Dimensions: 5" dia x 2.25" ht, 3.1" ht (with a lid)
• Made in Japan
To protect your hot pot, seasoning is required before first use.
Seasoning seals the porous ceramic hot pot. You must follow one instruction below to season before using. Either is fine.
1. Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of cooked rice to your hot pot ( more or less in the same proportion, depending on the size of your pot). Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the rice turns into a thick and creamy porridge, then allow the rice to cool to room temperature. Remove the rice, wipe the inside clean.
2. Fill your hot pot with the water from the first wash of Japanese rice ( that is very milky, cloudy water). Bring it to a boil, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. When the liquid cools to room temperature, discard the rice water, wipe the inside clean.
Now your hot pot is ready!
Tips on maintaining a hot pot:
1. Make sure that the exterior is completely dry before placing over fire
2. Don't heat the pot when it is empty (always have liquid in the pot)
3. Cool down the pot completely before running cold water over it
4. It's best not to use detergent to wash the pot but if you do, use a minimal amount
5. Don't leave the pot soaking in water for more than a couple of hours
Don't touch a heated pot with your bare hands, use a towel or pot holders
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include pictures of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items.
We also ask that you keep all packaging and packing materials for future inspection of damaged items by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 1-3 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.