Soy salt is a product that merges modern technology, human creativity and traditional artisan-made soy sauce produced by a 254 years old family-owned Japanese brewery. This unique idea - turning liquid into flakes - originated during extended conversations between the management of Kamebishi Company with Japanese chefs who specialize in the preparation French and Italian cuisine in Japan.The chefs wanted to adopt Kamebishi's extremely high quality shoyu (soy sauce) in their preparations without making their creations being labeled "fusion cooking" or "Japanized" French or Italian dishes. The chefs were looking for some innovative ingredient made from traditional shoyu that could meet their needs. To answer to these chefs' needs, the Kamebsishi Company developed this unique product.
This light, flaky, aromatic and flavorful soy salt is a long way from a very traditional products made by the company. Kamebishi is the only company today in Japan that continues to use the time and labor intensive, 250 year-old koji preparation technique, called mushiro-koji, when brewing their soy sauce. All other brewers, large and small, have switched to more modern or highly automated methods to convert the soy beans to allow for fermentation.
In the mushiro-koji method layers of koji mold-applied soybeans and wheat are placed on layers of mats made from bamboo and rice straw and placed in a temperature and humidity controlled room. All of the processes in the room are conducted by hand by experienced knowledgeable craftsmen. In addition to the mushiro-koji method, Kamebishi relies largely on domestic organic ingredients. The fermentation process in 100 years old cedar vats takes three full years.
There is another special production feature in Kamebishi's soy sauce. Kamebishi uses a portion of its own two year-old soy sauce in the fermentation process of each batch. In most breweries spring water alone is the liquid used in the brewing process. This re-use of already aged shoyu results in enhanced and complex flavors. The resulting soy sauce is extremely flavorful with 14.5% salt content. The dry soy salt is produced from the soy sauce using the most modern drying equipment resulting in well shaped uniform salt crystals.
Ingredients: Soy Sauce (Japanese soy beans, Japanese wheat, salt) potato starch, and dextrin
Country of Origin: Japan
Shelf Life: 9 months (store in a cool, dry and dark place)
We import food products from Japan via sea, so the shelf life will be shorter than it is in the Japanese markets. We guarantee that you will be satisfied with the freshness and quality of this product and that it will be delivered to you within any applicable expiration dates. Food products cannot be returned unless the expiration date is within 30 days when the item is delivered. If any food items in your order do not meet your expectations please contact us within 4 days after the receipt of your order. You can reach to us at email@example.com or (201) 806-1827.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of customer receipt. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Knives returned will have the shipping cost deducted from the refund total. The return shipment fee depends on your location and the quantity of knives that you're returning. If you would like to know the shipping fee, and estimated refund total, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If you receive damaged, defective, or incorrect items, we are committed to making it right. Please notify our customer service team within 48 hours of receiving your shipment, and include photos of any incorrect, damaged, or defective items as well as a photo of the condition of the shipping box and keep the entirety of the original items, all packaging, and packing materials for future inspection by the carrier.
We will provide a full refund of the purchase price and assist you with a new order if you would like a reshipment.
Any shipments replacing an incorrect item must be shipped to the order’s original shipping address only.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want.
If you have any questions contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
REGULAR PACKAGE DELIVERY
- For packages shipped to locations in the US, we use UPS Ground. UPS SurePost® may be used for extra small packages (under 12" cube) being delivered to PO addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For ground shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday for in-stock items, will be processed within 8-9 business days.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 3 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day. Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day. We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship packages (over 12" cube) to PO Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be business days so the delivery date will be 10-12 business days.
- We currently pause international shipments. We will resume the service once our stock level becomes stable.